- Initial release of Creating folders with Configuration as Code (CasC)
Previously released as a Preview feature, Creating folders with CasC is now fully supported.
CasC allows users to create folders if the items.yaml file is included with the configuration bundle.
- Initial release of Configuring Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) with Configuration as Code (CasC)
Previously released as a Preview feature, Configuring RBAC with CasC is now fully supported.
RBAC can now be configured with CasC by adding an rbac.yaml file to the configuration bundle and adding an
authorizationStrategyattribute to the jenkins.yaml file.
- New CasC server plugin to provide CloudBees CI Configuration as Code Bundle management in the operations center (BEE-1256)
The Configuration as Code Bundle management functionality was previously included in the operations center server plugin. The code related to CloudBees CI configuration bundle management was extracted from the operations center server plugin and is now included in the new CasC server plugin. When installing or upgrading operations center, the CasC server plugin is installed by default and does not need to be manually installed.
- Add CloudBees Configuration as Code as part of the support bundle (BEE-397)
When a new support bundle is generated, it is possible to add the CloudBees Configuration as Code bundle. If desired, the YAML files can also be anonymized.
- A plugin catalog cannot include more than 150 plugins (BEE-750)
The 150 limit has been removed from the plugin catalog, to allow an unlimited set of defined plugins.
- CloudBees Unified Data Plugin used overly broad terminology (BEE-746)
The CloudBees Unified Data Plugin used overly broad terminology on the status page for CloudBees Analytics and on the management link to that page. The terminology has been improved to be more specific.
- Disabled permissions did not cause the role creation to fail (BEE-726)
If the rbac.yaml file contains disabled permissions, the role creation process and instance startup now properly fail.
Disabled permissions that were already created in the instance are not removed or synced during the rbac.yaml file process.
- Role-Based Access Control cannot be configured if controllers are managed by the operations center (BEE-632)
The controller quickly fails if Role-Based Access Control is managed by the operations center and the configuration bundle contains the rbac.yaml file. This is an incorrect configuration and should not be used.
- Preparation for Jenkins 2.277-2 version (BEE-2702)
The endpoint to obtain the administrative monitors has changed. Now the CloudBees navigation is using the new URL.
- "Configuration as Code for Masters" has been renamed to "Configuration as Code Bundles" (BEE-1232)
In the operations center Manage Jenkins page, the Configuration as Code for Masters button has been renamed to Configuration as Code Bundles.
In operations center, the Configuration as Code for Masters page has been renamed to Configuration as Code Bundles.
- Remove the Ignore button from the Configuration as Code Bundles management page for controllers (BEE-235)
There is no reason to ignore a bundle update on the Configuration as Code Bundles management page, so the button has been removed from the UI.
- Folder configuration should support the display name in the configuration bundle (BEE-224)
When using Configuration as Code with Folders, the displayName property of the folder is now exported and imported as expected.
- A role cannot be filtered using Configuration as Code (BEE-223)
Roles can now be filtered on folders as part of the items.yaml file.
github-branch-sourceplugin authentication failure (BEE-754)
github-branch-source-pluginfails to authenticate with GitHub App ID due to
Removed incorrect rate limit check in GitHub App Installation Token retrieval.
- New clients for each backup (BEE-453)
Previously, each backup job had a long-living S3 client that was reused for all backups until either Jenkins was restarted or the job was reconfigured. However, when you used an IAM role, the resulting session’s credentials were retained indefinitely without being refreshed.
With this change, a new S3 client is created for each backup and left for garbage collection once the backup thread is complete. Therefore, each backup gets new session credentials.
- Backups that involve multiple steps fail (BEE-465)
When a restricted backup that can’t be run anonymously requires multiple steps, the job fails.
This issue has been resolved. Jobs no longer fail because they contain multiple backup or restore steps.
- License expiration alert displays incorrectly (BEE-469)
The alert message that warns you a license is about to expire was displaying incorrectly, with some actionable buttons disappearing from the screen.
This issue has been resolved. The full alert message is now viewable.
- The CloudBees navigation wrongly identifies CloudBees Jenkins Platform as CloudBees Software Delivery Automation (BEE-2561)
New navigation selections for CloudBees CI and CloudBees Software Delivery Automation were incorrectly added to the CloudBees Jenkins Platform UI. The navigation will be updated in a future version.
If you would like to learn more about CloudBees Software Delivery Automation and CloudBees Analytics or CloudBees CD/RO, please contact CloudBees for assistance.
- Revision 2 (2021-04-08)
- Disabled permissions and group permissions cannot be removed from roles (BEE-2976)
Disabled permissions and group permissions granted into roles were not removed when roles were created with Configuration as Code (CASC) for Role-Based Access Control. Now, existing permissions in roles are completely replaced by data in the rbac.yaml file.