- Support for Pipeline Templates Catalogs in Team controllers (NGPIPELINE-1400)
You can now use Pipeline Template Catalogs to configure jobs inside the nested folder of the team controller, for example, the team folder. For more information, please see Managing Pipeline Template Catalogs in bulk.
- Windows LTSC support for Windows containers (CPLT2-6860)
Microsoft Windows LTSC 2019 (version 1809) is supported for agents running on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) clusters, but not for the Operations Center or controllers. If running Windows workloads with agents on a GKE cluster, the image provided by CloudBees CI on modern cloud platforms only works on version 1809 of Windows LTSC. For more information, see Supported platforms for CloudBees CI on modern cloud platforms - Microsoft Windows container support.
- Add Categories to the Plugin Management Links(CBCI-65)
All CloudBees Assurance Program plugins have now been put in their corresponding category under the "Manage Jenkins" page.
- Certificate renewal causes errors until sidecar injector is restarted (CPLT2-6981)
A certificate renewal issue was preventing sidecar injector from accessing new certificates, resulting in errors. This issue has been resolved.
- List of Kubernetes agents in the sidebar does not collapse (CPLT2-6865)
An issue was preventing the list of Kubernetes agents in the main sidebar from collapsing when the arrow was clicked. This issue has been resolved.
- Builds don’t run when agents use a separate namespace (CPLT2-6966)
When you configure a separate namespace for CloudBees CI using Helm values, Kubernetes builds do not work.
This issue has been resolved. CloudBees CI now automatically configures the Kubernetes Shared Cloud item in Operations Center with the name of the agent namespace.
- Replace Operations Center Analytics with the ElasticSearch Reporter plugin (CPLT2-6875)
The Operations Center Analytics plugin reached its end-of-life date in June of 2020. It has been replaced with the ElasticSearch Reporter plugin, which is now included in the CloudBees Assurance Program.
- Confusing user experience with Move/Copy/Promote after error (CTR-2970)
When a user attempted to continue with Move/Copy/Promote after receiving an error, the user did not receive an appropriate message indicating whether the action succeeded or failed.
With this fix, users are now informed if the action failed or succeeded.
- Links in ServiceNow work notes do not open correctly (CPLT2-6781)
Links posted in the ServiceNow work notes were not opening properly. This issue has been resolved, and links now open in a new tab or window.
- The`withAwsCli` pipeline step is broken by the latest pip (CTR-3114)
The latest version of pip is not compatible with python 2.x, so the pip installation, which is done automatically by
With this fix the step supports both python 2.x and 3.x.
withAwsClimay start failing without any configuration change, as the issue comes from the pip download site. Upgrading to this version of the plugin should solve the issue.
- Plugin Usage Analyzer plugin generates incomplete reports (FNDJEN-3388)
The analysis comes to a stop if it encounters a 'null' argument.
The Plugin Usage Analyzer plugin now generates complete reports as the scanning for the analysis has been made more robust to handle ‘null’ arguments in Pipeline nodes.
- Version field isn’t being loaded when loading the plugin usage analysis file (FNDJEN-3369)
The version of the stored analysis is not being retrieved when the analysis file is loaded.
The version details are now loaded for future compatibility. This has been achieved by changing the default version number.
- CloudBees Update Center not serving the
The 'Release' field in the Update Center is always empty.
The release timestamp is now being properly served by CloudBees Update Center and shown in the Plugin Manager’s UI.
- Plugin Usage Analyzer plugin causing increased startup time (FNDJEN-3360, FNDJEN-3384)
The plugin usage analysis file is now loaded asynchronously, therefore it no longer blocks the other startup processes. Loading of this file is made more efficient by replacing 'json-lib' with 'jackson'.
- Improve performance in fingerprint file creation (FNDJEN-3400)
The performance of the code has been improved by changing from the synchronized method 'FileFingerprintStorage#sav' to a synchronized block within the method.
- Service account name is not being injected in pods (CPLT2-7007)
When you enable the
Agents.ImagePullSecretschart option, the default service account name is not being injected into pods as expected. This could result in issues with functions that require agent service account capabilities. This is a known issue that will be fixed in a future release.
As a workaround, if you use the
podTemplatestep, you should add
serviceAccount: 'jenkins-agents'. If you are using GUI-defined pod templates, then you should enter jenkins-agents in the Service Account field.
- Revision 2 (2021-02-24)
This revision includes security updates to address vulnerabilities in Jenkins, CloudBees Jenkins Distribution, CloudBees Jenkins Platform and CloudBees CI.